Tuesday 28 September 2010

Yes ! It's back again !

I couldn't believe my eyes; is this real, or am I just hallucinating? After almost a decade long absence, is it really back? Will I be able to satisfy such a basic need of life now in a way I want? Will I be finally able to get rid of all those discomfort, shame and dissatisfaction caused by its absence?

I had to check. So I went closer, checked the inside information, touched it, felt it, spread it to full and did a mental measurement. Yes. it is true; the High Rise Jeans is back in shops again!!

Now if you are a fashion front runner (very unlikely, considering that you're reading my blog, which is not quite to the taste of a fashion diva or a style guru) then you'll probably say that it has already been back to fashion some months back. May be; but being someone who throws the newspaper fashion pages straight to recycle bin and who is not a shopaholic, I could be excused for not noticing them on the very first day.

And it does not really matter when it came back, as long as it is indeed back. Now those days of spending futile hours to find a decent pair of trousers which sits on your waist and doesn't hang dangerously from your groin area, will finally be over. Now I can bent down to pick up dropped articles without the fear of exposing my private parts for public display. Once again I'll be able to stand up from any seats without needing to pull up those treacherous low rise pants. And most importantly, I would be spared of those hideous sights of flab protruding out of the scanty limits of low-risers worn by millions of men and women with a figure less than perfect.
"real people" in low rise jeans
Keira Knightley in low rise jeans














It's really amazing how something as impractical as low rise jeans dominated all over the world for so many years! It may look very sleek and seductive on size zero models and I've no problem them wearing it on ramps. But millions with real figure had to wear them in real world, in real crowded trains and buses, in real rain and snow; why did not anybody thought of keeping some normal staffs in their store? They could be a savior of common people (with real figures) in addition of making gazillions.

But no one seemed to understand that there was a market for normal waist pants and to my horror they went into oblivion. All over the world  I searched for them, from shops in India and Sri Lanka to upmarket shopping areas in Paris, London, Brussels, Copenhagen and Stockholm; but in vain. Thanks to globalization, the world seemed to blindly follow the dictates of fashion houses and retail chains and the commonsense took a back seat. 

low rise "adaptation"

The ease with which people accepted such discomfort and humiliation and even paid for it, tempts me to think that people won't complain about anything as long as it is advertised widely with the help of sexy models.

This strange phenomenon even caused a specific evolutionary adaptation in humans; a whole new generation evolved who mastered the seemingly impossible task of walking in jeans that come only upto their thighs without letting it fall down completely.

Thankfully these are the things of past now. Once again I'll be able to wear a bottom garment which fits my well endowed body!

Basking in the bliss, I bought 3 pairs of normal rise jeans.

4 comments:

SomeFan said...

Yah,a sigh of relief. Could dare to buy Jeans this year after a couple of years' forced aloofness to Jeans.

Unknown said...

@SomeFan
Stock pile them as long as it is available. You never know when the fashoin will change again!

SomeFan said...

May even they acquire some antique value by time.

Moda Hip Hop said...

I love it!!